In this 8-week acting essentials program, you will train with four of 16th Streets core teachers to develop your craft.
Over 8 weeks you will work on the essential elements of craft: Voice, (including dialect training – US accent), Movement (The Alexander Technique) and Acting Technique: Creating Character, Text analysis that ‘Carbonates you into action’, and working with a professional director.
Voice and Movement training enables you to be fully expressive and transformative in your acting choices.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Develop essential elements of craft through Voice, Movement and Acting technique training.
- Develop a practical method for embodiment and presence.
- Deep dive into the extraordinary work of Uta Hagen, with a key focus on character creation. Learn to connect to the emotional life of the character.
- Explore the skill of the power of story through action
- Train in the art of scene study with a professional director.
- Specific dialect training on the General American Accent.
Kim Krejus : One of Australia’s most highly regarded and esteemed acting coaches.
Iain Sinclair : Award Winning theatre Director and Dramaturge
Matt Furlani : Voice and US Dialect specialist
Karen Anderson : Accredited Alexander Technique teacher
16th Street’s acting essentials program is ideal for any aspiring actor, who wants to understand what it takes to be a professional working actor and who wishes to start formal training.
This program is designed to be experienced either as a follow-on from module one or as a self-contained 8-week module.
No Experience is required.
All our courses and programs are for ages 18+, if you’re under 18 please look at our youth programs or email our admissions team for training opportunities.